My style inspiration pick for the week is Jada Koren Pinkett- Smith. She is a superSTAR! She’s an actress, singer, producer, philanthropist, wife, mother, and friend. But not just because of her “Hollywood” accolades but because she gives more than she gets (in my opinion). She is cofounder of the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation, a charity organization which focuses on inner-city youth and family support and has worked with non-profit organizations like YouthBuild and the Lupus Foundation of America. But recently what drove me to look deeper at Jada was how she has used her voice to bring awareness for human trafficking. She is also on the cover of Redbook this month and there is a very candid article inside from the superSTAR.
Here are some facts about my style inspiration:
- Born in Baltimore, Maryland, Jada Koren Pinkett Pinkett-Smith is of African-American, West-Creole, and Portuguese–Jewish
- Pinkett Smith attended the Baltimore School for the Arts. She majored in dance and theatre . She attended North Carolina School of the Arts, and became fully invested in pursuing her acting career.
- She has a music company called 100% Woman Productions (GirlPower)
- Pinkett Smith created her own fashion label.
- Pinkett Smith helped to create the television series All of Us
- Pinkett Smith published her first children’s book, Girls Hold Up This World.
- In 2005, Pinkett Smith became one of many celebrities to invest a combined total of $10 million in Carol’s Daughter, a line of beauty products created by Lisa Price.
- She became a spokesperson for the beauty line, and said, “To be a part of another African-American woman’s dream was just priceless to me.”
- She also is part owner of the Philadelphia 76ers with her husband Will Smith and other partners.
I love female moguls!!!