I now currently own both of these facial cleansing systems. I purchased the Pretrika Sonic Dermabrasion system from TJ Maxx as a dup to the Clarisonic system just because of the better price of the Pretrika. My experience with the Pretrika hasn’t been bad, but I definitely notice the difference between systems. I would say the Pretrika is definitely easy on the pockets and a beginner system to say the least. It’s brushes are softer than I would have preferred but it definitely gets the job done; especially for someone who doesn’t wear a lot of makeup or have an extremely oily T-zone. It does bring some things underneath your skin to the forefront (FYI, don’t be surprised by whiteheads that pop up out of nowhere). However, the Clarisonic MIA 2 is just a far superior system. The brush quality is great, it comes with great features and it actually leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. Also you can purchase different brush heads for your system (pretty universal). I will be still using my Pretrika on the days that my skin doesn’t require such a deep cleaning and so I don’t over exfoliate my skin.
Look at the features and description of each system (these descriptions are from the actual websites).
Mia 2 is an extension of our popular Mia family that gives you all the benefits of sonic cleansing in a compact, easy-to-use style. Mia 2 features two speeds, a one-minute pulsing T-Timer® and a protective travel case for on-the-go sonic cleansing. Now you have more choices for beautiful skin.
Directions: Use on forehead (20 seconds), nose/chin (20 seconds), and both cheeks (10 seconds each). Our T-Timer® will pulse when it’s time to cleanse the next area of your face. ( these are my favorite feature, very different from the Pretrika)
- Clarisonic Mia 2
- Universal Voltage Charger
- Sensitive Brush Head
- 1 oz. trial size cleanser
- Protective travel case
Beautiful Skin Begins with Cleaner Skin
Traditional methods of cleansing don’t get your skin as clean as you’d think. Using Sonic Technology, Clarisonic’s patented micro-massage motion works within skin’s natural elasticity to gently remove the impurities traditional methods leave behind–leaving skin softer, smoother and more beautiful.
- Cleanses 6x better than with your hands alone in just 60 seconds
- Works with skin, not against it, to gently massage away impurities trapped within pores
- Prepares skin for better absorption of creams, serums and moisturizers
- Gentle enough to use 2x a day
- Gently exfoliates, cleanses and smoothes dry skin
- One-step facial exfoliating treatment
- Features Micro Pulsating Technology for deep cleansing
- Gives your skin a youthful glow
- Removes dry and flaky skin cells
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Shrinks large pores
- Water-resistant design
- Timer beeps to indicate time to start another treatment area (my system hasn’t done this for me)
- High/low power settings adjust for skin sensitivity
- Brush shuts off after one minute of use (my system hasn’t done this for me)
- Measures approx. 2-3/4 in long x 3-3/4 in wide x 7 in high
- Facial brush
- Two bristle applicators
- Charging cradle
- Built-in rechargeable battery