I’m heading to the beach in exactly one month for Memorial Day weekend . I honestly don’t want to wear a lot of products on my face being that it’s going to be insanely hot in Miami during this time. Here are a few quick tips for the hot summer months to keep you looking fresh and polished while being comfortable.
- Invest in a “good” face primer; apply it after your moisturizer to help your makeup stay in place and to reduce that oily t-zone.
- Wear less and lighter makeup. Try switching out your foundation for tinted moisturizer. You can always use powder for a little more coverage over your “troubled” areas.
- Bronzer!!!! I love bronzer and Covergirl Queen collection makes an awesome bronzer for the price. It’s called Ebony Bronze, thank me later. I think it adds great warmth to us girls with deeper skin tones. I typically use a lighter bronzer to highlight my cheekbones and bridge of my nose to get that flawless luminous look.
- Sheer lip gloss or balm. I don’t care for sticky or heavy lips products in the summer. Add the beach to that equation; who wants to reapply heavy lipstick near the sand?
- Keep handy blotting papers and/or translucent powder to remove shine from your face.
- Lastly, I’m not going ANYWHERE without mascara, but make it waterproof.