- Typically, I use a salicylic acid cleanser to treat existing pimples and to prevent future breakouts. The two salicylic washes that I’m using currently are Clearasil Rapid Action Gel Wash and Murad’s Clarifying Cleanser (loooveee this). The Murad product is more expensive too so I use it sparingly.
- If I’m simply removing my makeup or cleaning my face because it gets extremely oily throughout the day, I use Liquid Neutrogena it’s a lot less harsh than some of the other products.
- I apply the Clinique Even Better Spot corrector directly after washing my face.
- I allow my face to settle for 30 minutes and then apply my Neuac prescription face cream, it has Benzoyl Peroxide and Clindamycin which will itch and burn your face like crazy if you don’t wait at least 30 minutes (ask me how I know lol)!
- Lastly I apply sunscreen Eucerin or Loreal ( I really prefer the L’Oreal product)because it doesn’t have the blue tint that some sunscreens have. This is an important step because all of your hard work will be for nothing without it.
- Then at night I wash my face with Neutrogena again to remove my makeup and then use a salicylic product ( I alternate days to avoid drying) usually Murad at night and apply my Retin-A (prescription), I alternate days on this as well.
I must say my method has worked along with taking a daily dosage of Spironolactone 50 to 100 mg daily because I have hormonal breakouts. I have very few pimples, my skin is smooth and my complexion has lighten up tremendously.
I also used this BB cream until my face healed because it didn’t make since to use my expensive stuff while I was heavily treating my face because honestly it just aggravated the problem more. But this helped me feel less self conscious and not be so EXPOSED!
EXTRA tip…. clean you makeup brushes weekly!