Headed out for drinks…didn’t want to overthink it so I went with a form fitting bodycon dress from Forever 21 and threw on my Jordan’s in a darker shade of purple with a pop of lime green to shake up the look and tossed on some accessories and boom! I absolutely removed all my makeup from earlier and opted for Chapstick lol. No fuss! Sometimes you just wanna kick it without worrying about blotting oily makeup and reapplying lipstick while I’m eating, drinking and socializing with friends.
I love warmer weather because less is more, I’m not here for winter coats and layers lol!
Dress: Forever 21 bodycon dress
Accessories: Alex and Ani bracelets, Link chain necklace fro F21 and Apple Watch
- Typically, I use a salicylic acid cleanser to treat existing pimples and to prevent future breakouts. The two salicylic washes that I’m using currently are Clearasil Rapid Action Gel Wash and Murad’s Clarifying Cleanser (loooveee this). The Murad product is more expensive too so I use it sparingly.
- If I’m simply removing my makeup or cleaning my face because it gets extremely oily throughout the day, I use Liquid Neutrogena it’s a lot less harsh than some of the other products.
- I apply the Clinique Even Better Spot corrector directly after washing my face.
- I allow my face to settle for 30 minutes and then apply my Neuac prescription face cream, it has Benzoyl Peroxide and Clindamycin which will itch and burn your face like crazy if you don’t wait at least 30 minutes (ask me how I know lol)!
- Lastly I apply sunscreen Eucerin or Loreal ( I really prefer the L’Oreal product)because it doesn’t have the blue tint that some sunscreens have. This is an important step because all of your hard work will be for nothing without it.
- Then at night I wash my face with Neutrogena again to remove my makeup and then use a salicylic product ( I alternate days to avoid drying) usually Murad at night and apply my Retin-A (prescription), I alternate days on this as well.
I must say my method has worked along with taking a daily dosage of Spironolactone 50 to 100 mg daily because I have hormonal breakouts. I have very few pimples, my skin is smooth and my complexion has lighten up tremendously.
I also used this BB cream until my face healed because it didn’t make since to use my expensive stuff while I was heavily treating my face because honestly it just aggravated the problem more. But this helped me feel less self conscious and not be so EXPOSED!
EXTRA tip…. clean you makeup brushes weekly!
Happy Monday loves!
I could lie and say it was easy heading back to the gym but I’ll refrain from even commencing with that one lol! It was no joke! The excitement was there, the flashy work-out out pants were on and poppin , the motivation kinda showed up and my discipline to say the least has been subpar as of late!
But I gathered myself and off I went and intense hour long workout. But not before I had a hearty protein shake made by yours truly! It was delicious and filling. I wasn’t even starving after my workout, I was SUPER surprised because usually I can eat a horse after my workouts!
Ingredients: Frozen Mangos, Kale, Spinach, Vanilla Protein powder, ground Flaxseed, Almond milk
Has anybody recommitted themselves to any past goals?